Saturday 24 May 2008

No rest for the wicked!

I was back out into that garden today to finish my gardening tasks, one of which I was secretly looking forward to…strimming the hedge! Now I know I sound like I need to get out a bit more, however the hedge is about 1 mile long (I exaggerate not! I live on a farm remember) and I had some wild fantasy about how I could use my creativity and create some amazing masterpiece out of the bushes – you know, some fantastic peacock or a crazy dragon…that was until I strimmed right through the cable!! Oops!! Not only that but those strimmers are bloody heavy, and I’m now left with blistered hands and making “bu, bu, bu” noises like Goldie Hawn’s character off Overboard! Now, if you have not see this film, go out and buy it now! It’s soppy, funny and cheesy – however this is how Goldie and Kurt first met and fell in love, so us old romantics here at Fuzzchops love it!!

Anyway, with no more garden tasks left my mind immediately wandered to what I could go buy to fill this wonderful garden…and I found this gorgeous red hanging tent from www.urchin.co.uk that I could hang off our trees and then these beautifully restored plant pots from www.ghostfurniture.co.uk that would look just perfect indoors. And I must say I’m a sucker for candles and outside lighting so I’ll be snapping up one of Bombay Duck’s (www.bombayduck.co.uk) Drangonfly hanging votives to let some night light into our garden – it’s simply gorgeous!

Right off for a soak and to watch some quality TV (that’s the Eurovision song contest to you and me…;-) x

No comments: